Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our 5 year anniversary






So Chris and I got away for a few days for our anniversary this year...it was a big one-5 years! We were so excited. We had an opportunity to go to a lake house up near Lake Geneva for free, so we jumped right on that. We haven't been away like this since our honeymoon, so this was very needed. It was a blast... we went up on Saturday, and came home on Monday. I think it could've been one day longer, but oh well. My mom took care of our boys, and I don't think we missed them too badly. They did great without us, so I think it was a good experience for them to be apart from us also. We didn't do much, layed in the sun, watched the boats zoom by (wishing we were on one), ate out, watched movies, and slept in. Who knew I could sleep until 10am?! Apparently it's still in me, even after 3 years of getting up waaaayyy too early. The best part was having no responsibilities. It's something I really didn't think of, but laying there in the sun, not having to do anything was amazing.

Chris and I had some quality time together, which was needed too. We don't get a lot of time just the two of us, especially for 3 days in a row! I felt that old chemistry again, you know, the flirty, silly games and fun...it's so sweet. We still have that-don't get me wrong, but it's different when you have 2 little kids around all the time. You just can't focus your attention on each other completely, or let yourself go. You have to be responsible and the parent. Just being together, in love, was wonderful. I say we do it every year. Chris will always be my favorite person to be with...he is incredible. I just can't believe I'm lucky enough to have him.

No comments: