Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our Independance Day







I don't know about you, but I LOVE the 4th of July. I love being outside with friends and family, I love fireworks and glow sticks, I love wearing red/white/blue (and now especially matching my whole family!), I love eating fun holiday food, I love not feeling guilty about playing the day away, and I love to watch my kids experience those things too. This year was great. We always go over to my sister's house, and this year was no different. There were a lot of kids, and Jonah had a blast. We did some fun "classic" games, like a balloon toss and watermelon seed spitting contest (I came in 2nd in the adult category, I might add). Jonah loved the slip and slide, he was so cute! We ate yummy food, and tried not to get sunburned. Let me tell you about my new fav product called Supergoop...it's organic sunscreen and bugspray. I love it. Anyways... it was a great day. We ended it with a bonfire complete with marshmallows and fireworks. Jonah loves fireworks, he always has. Every time one would end, he would say " I want to do that again!" Solomon slept right through them in Daddy's arms... Jonah did his first sparkler this year. He was a little nervous, but it was fun. One was definitely enough for him. Next year will probably be a different story.

We are very blessed to have such wonderful memories. We have great families, although not without problems, we love them and are thankful for them. I am so thankful to live in this country. To be free is an immeasurable gift. I cannot imagine living somewhere where worshipping Jesus is against the law, or where I have to fear for my life daily. Let us not forget how blessed we are in America.

No comments: