Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Lovin'


I love summer. It is the greatest time of year as far as I'm concerned. The sun, the freedom to go without coats or shoes, windows open, playing outside, green grass, the smell of barbecue, my freckles that appear, it's all great. I have a few fun things planned this summer that I'm really excited about. My husband and I have our 5th wedding anniversary! We are going to a lake house for a few days--ALONE! This is amazing...our first trip alone in 2 1/2 years. It'll be wonderful. I'm sure we'll miss our boys like crazy, but it's important to reserve that time for just us and our relationship. I'm also going to catch up with some good friends this summer, ones that I haven't seen in a long time. That should be good. Chris is going to Brazil, which I am thrilled for him about. But I'm also dreading it because that means I'm alone for a week...man that's going to be rough! It's okay, I'll keep really busy. I am going up to Fort Wilderness, a wonderful camp in northern WI, for a week. I grew up going there every year, and Chris and I met there 6 years ago. I'll be taking the boys, and my mom--we will be working and having a blast. If you like to camp, you should check out their website, it's www.fortwilderness.com.

So yes, my summer is filled with fun and good memory makers. I plan on going to the splashpark with the boys, the zoo, multiple parks, you name it. So far it's the best summer ever... I'll let you know how it finishes.

No comments: