Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Current Top 10

Right now I'm enjoying...
(in no particular order)

1. I am excited for the holiday season!
2. Homeschooling is a blast... I love learning about my children through homeschooling, spending such different, quality time with them. It's like forced special 1 on 1 time that might not happen if we did traditional school.
3. I love fall clothes.
4. Having a foster child, and the prospect of doing it again and again! What a blessing to open our home to someone in need.
5. Solomon is at the cutest age right now. He is so charming and adorable... I can't get enough of him.
6. Jonah is becoming a wonderful young man. So smart, discerning and sensitive. I am so proud of who he is.
7. Seeing my husband with our foster daughter...can't wait to have one of our own!
8. Finally have a computer at home! So I can do cool things like blog and look up recipes.
9. My house is really shaping up. New floors, more organization, feels good.
10. My husband's job is going to get better! (hopefully details to follow soon)

Right now I'm struggling with...

1. My home, not enough space...especially now that it's getting colder and darker outside.
2. Not ever having enough time for things...
3. My weight, body issues. ugh
4. Having a foster child.
5. Feeling guilt over not doing things I should be/want to be doing.
6. Worrying about money, especially this time of year.
7. Not spending enough time in prayer, with the Lord. A big rut.
8. Controlling my temper.
9. Watching too much TV, and letting my kids do it too.
10. Being content, trusting in God, letting go.

So I noticed a lot of my "good" and "bad" items are the same... I think I'll try and focus on the good aspect of those issues.

No comments: