Thursday, June 5, 2008

My husband


Since this is all new to me, I've decided to write about things I love. I'm not sure if I really have a certain "theme" going, or what... but for now let me tell you about my husband. He is amazing. When we met I thought he was way too cool for me... you know that feeling? He was older, more outgoing and confident, and everyone seemed to like him. One of those magnetic types. So obviously he wasn't too cool for me since we're married now. Or maybe he's just unaware of his coolness. Who knows. But I do have to brag about him, since I still wonder how I got so lucky. He is so talented. He writes music and plays/sings. I swear he could win American Idol...even though he would never, ever go on it because he's too cool (maybe he does know about his coolness). You all should go to his website and listen to some of the stuff he's done for our church's children's ministry. (tangentartist.com) But besides that, he is so kind and patient with me. Let me tell you, I can be a pain. Yes, he gets mad at me--but never yells or insults... it's always controlled. I, on the other hand, am not so loving when I am mad. It's a flaw of mine... When we had our son Jonah, my awe of him quadrupled. The way he loved him and took care of him amazed me. Now, with our second son, Solomon, I am even more amazed. I wish all kids could have a daddy like him. He is so patient and sweet to them, always helping me without complaint. I hear stories of husband's who are "babysitting", and it's this big sacrifice for them or something. Not with mine... he loves taking care of them and sometimes I wish I could do it as well as he does. I think he is the best.

1 comment:

tangentartist said...

Thanks babe. You make me sound so cool. That is a lot to live up to but I'll try.