Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New to blogging

So I've decided to try out a new hobby. Yep, you guessed it...blogging. It seems like the cool new "thing", or maybe I'm just behind the times. Whatever it is, I have a hard time believing people would actually be interested in my thoughts. Perhaps it's the allure of reading someone's "journal", which is typically not allowed. Perhaps it's that we try to make our lives more exciting by reading other's antics-which are not much more exciting than ours. Or maybe it's just what you people at desks do instead of working. I don't know the reasons, but I do know I would be flattered to be called "interesting".

I've always liked to write. I've never been an avid journaler (is that a word?), but I've tried my hand at fiction many times. It started in 4th or 5th grade when I was in counseling (can you believe I'm not perfect?!) and she suggested I start writing short stories, a series of them perhaps. It was therapeutic I suppose... at least she thought so. I did enjoy it though, and it stirred my imagination. In middle school my poetry phase began. I loved the challenge of being reflective and deep, in just a few short lines. Never rhyming though, I always thought that sounded hokey. I continued to do poetry throughout high school and beyond... I guess it's my favorite form of writing. But who knows? Maybe blogging will surpass even that...

2 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

yay for blogging! maybe next post.. some poetry?? :D

HannahC said...

Hmm.. poetry... I'm not sure about that one. Still too new in my "blogging relationship". Maybe some day :)