Monday, June 9, 2008

Solomon Christopher



Well, the next man in my life is Solomon...aka Solo. He is almost 4 months old and precious. He is a great baby, not fussy except when hungry or tired. He is very smiley, and just started to laugh. His daddy is the best at getting him to sleep... Solo loves to be held at all times. He loves to watch his big brother Jonah, and our dog Job.

Having a second child is crazy... it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I expected it to be a challenge, but it's one of those things that you don't know how it will be until you're there. The first 2 months were pretty tough for me. Just balancing your time is the biggest thing. Trying to figure out how to still give your first child the attention they need, while nurturing a newborn, is difficult. And if you're nursing (as I am), it's even more so, since the baby is latched onto you most of the time. But it is wonderful. The feeling of being needed and loved by your child is the best feeling in the world. To know that I am the one person they desire more than anyone else (at least for now they are mamma's boys) is beyond explanation. Solomon has been a fantastic addition. We were so excited to have another boy, a brother for Jonah. We hope they have a special relationship someday... I can't wait to see them play and be boys together.

No comments: